background

Thursday, September 4, 2014

2014: New Year / New Grade Level(s) - PHOTOS

I have decided that I'm not the best blogger around.  In fact, I often forget to blog and then wonder if it's been too late since my last entry.  Well, I'm about to start a new year in a new classroom with a new grade level (4th/5th Literacy/Social Studies).  So, I figured it's okay to make a post even though it's been a LONG time since my last post.

First, here are some "before" pictures of my classroom.  I teach in a 100 year old building, which can be terrible and awesome at the same time.  The ceiling heights are great, the woodwork is beautiful, the coat closets are large...There is no elevator, there is no air conditioning, the heater has two settings: off and sizzling.

BEFORE:
(If you click on the first photo, you will be brought to a 
screen where you can flip through the photos in a larger view)




Here are my after pictures.  We were allowed to paint our classrooms this year.  I have an affinity for turquoise, so I found a sea blue color that isn't too bright, but definitely cheers up the space.









You can read about my word work activities HERE.














No comments:

Post a Comment